Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sophisticated Wedding

 Join us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments and find the inner class and sophistication in you!



I don't have any weddings to go to in the near future.  You know how they come in waves?  I guess the waves are now calm.  But....now I have a card all ready to go for the next one.

Here is my entry....inspired by a card made by Kimberly VanDiepen a long time ago.  I love her work.  Check out her blog here.



For this card I used the Elegant Trio stencil and pressed the Versamark ink pad into the stencil image, added my silver embossing powder and then heated it to set the embossing powder. 

I spritzed it with Bashful Blue marker and the Spritzer Tool and added the button, the rhinestone and the little banner.

Before the final assembly I took the Cutter Kit and distressed the edges of the Bashful Blue and the Basic Black layers to give it a softer look. 

Sweet, simple, sophisticated.....right?  I think so.  :)

Happy Stamping,
Krista

9 comments:

TrishG said...

Wow, gorgeous! Very simple. Love the placement of all the elements. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Simple but Sophisticated! Awesome job with the stencil. Great idea! This is one card I would love to see in person. Beautifully inspired!

LeroyLime said...

great way to use the stencil, I have a special place for Fleur de Lis in my heart, sigh...this card just speaks to me! I love the simplicity of it all and the embossing is a beautiful touch!

inkedx2 said...

Ohhhh, I forgot about that stencil. Thanks for reminding me. Great elegant card.

Bobbie said...

I had to see the stamp set used...only to learn of the stencil?!?! Genius. I'm always drawn to a CAS card and yours in no different. Fabulous! ...love the distressing/spritzing.

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Oh! What a fun way to use that stencil! I love the stencils and this is so fancy looking!!!

Erin Gonzales said...

I Love the simple elegance of your card. I love the speckled effect and the embossing- GENIUS!!!

inkypinkies said...

Very elegant! Silver embossing really makes a wedding card special...so nice to see the stenciling, too!

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Pretty!!! Love the silver embossing- with the pop of blue!!! Love the accents- just perfect!!