Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I'm "Resisting" The Retirement

Join us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments for a Challenge you just can't Resist.  :-)



There are SO MANY things this year on the retiring lists for Stampin' Up!  I made my project this week using some of my favorite items that won't be coming back in the next catalog.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Satin Ribbon and one of my favorite sets....Flight of the Butterfly.  Oh well, all of my "resistance" to accepting retirement must pass.  I've seen the new catalog and I know you will all be so impressed!!!


Here is a close up of the stamped off butterfly that I punched out with the RETIRING butterfly punch that I seriously JUST bought about one week before SU! announced it's retirement.   Oh well, it's cute and simple.


Here is a close up of this week's technique.


Emboss resist in a nutshell:

1.  Swipe a Embossing buddy over White or Vanilla cardstock
2.  Stamp your image using a Veramark Ink Pad.
3.  Pour Clear Embossing Powder over the stamped image and pour off the excess.
4.  Heat your image with an SU! Heat Tool.
5.  Take a sponge or sponge dauber and dip into a color ink pad and rub the inked sponge over and around the embossed image.  I like to use multiple colors for a more dramatic effect.  See some of my other postings by clicking on the right side under "technique".

Happy Stamping,
Krista


4 comments:

Diane Vander Galien said...

So Soft and Pretty!!! Love the color combo!!! Love the accented ribbon!!! Great layout and great job with emboss resist!!!

inkypinkies said...

That is a beautiful set for resisting! All the little dots and flutterbys just pop right off the page! Super pretty. Erika

LeroyLime said...

Beautiful card Krista! I love what you've done with the ribbon and those butterflies are awesome with this technique, great color choice!

Stampin by Genny said...

Gorgeous colors and your butterflies are so pretty! Great job using the emboss resist technique.