Tuesday, May 29, 2012

DD #4 Challenge Entry

I decided to try out a new challenge blog called Dynamic Duos.  The challenges are simply 2 colors that they have chosen for you to incorporate into a project.  Sounds easy, right?  Why yes, yes it is!!  :)  But how can one project stand out in a variety of entries?  I guess we'll find out.....  :)



My projects are "duplicate-able" in any class....that's always been my way of doing things.  I'm not big on over blinging a project either.  So, here's my blue on blue monochromatic card:





Here is a close up of the bird that I stamped, cut out then glued it to some Bashful Blue CS and then cut out a "shadow" of sorts.  Or, a border....whichever way you look at it.  :)

Also, you'll notice the big flower burst in the background is two tone....that's because I did the "rock and roll" technique.  It's always my go-to technique for monochromatic.  It gives a nice dimension.

I also embossed the edge embossing folder for a place for the bird to sit.  



I used some new products that will be available on June 1st with the new SU! Idea Book and Catalog.  The banner is from Itty Bitty Banners and the rest of the stamped images are from Besty's Blossoms.


Happy Stamping,
Krista






7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful card Krista! LOVE the shading on your flowers and your pretty pearl trim. Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Lesley said...

This card is a standout! Love your stamping and the way you highlighted the bird! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

Kim S said...

I love your two-tone flowers! A perfect backdrop to the bird! So glad to see you at a Dynamic Duos!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I love the effect of the rock 'n' roll technique on the flowers and your bird image is gorgeous. A great reproducible card. Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos.

TrishG said...

This is so pretty! Great job with that new stamp set.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Very pretty, Krista! You were rocking and rolling this new set, for sure! The colors really pop with that technique and created a beautiful background for your card. So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along at Dunamic Duos this week! Hope all is going well for you! Hugs! :)

Melissa said...

This is beautiful, Krista! Love the two tone flowers and the scalloped borders with all those pretty pearls! Thanks so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week! :)