Monday, May 21, 2012

I Love My Man!!


Join us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments as we bring you some masculine energy.  Let's make some manly stuff for the men in our lives.

I had some wood blocks that I had used for a project a couple years back and this one was calling my name when we decided to do a man project.  What's more manly than using a hammer and nails for a project?!  :)
I made pennants on the nails and hammered them into the 2x4.  Then I wrapped the Navy Striped Ribbon around it (gonna miss this!!) then I added all the rest of the elements.


 Here is a different angle to see the pennants and the nails.


Here is a closer view of the nails.


Here is a close up of the new stamp set called Itty Bitty Banners.
I can't wait to get the matching framelits for it.....I had a hard time making a straight cut.  :)


Ingredients:

Stamps:  Itty Bitty Banners, Family Reunion, Friendly Phrases and Little Letters (retired)
Colors:  Night of Navy, Wild Wasabi, Tempting Turquiose, Whisper White
Accessories: 1/2", 3/4" Circle punches, Labels Framelits, Clip, Pewter Brads, Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Nails, 2" x4" Wood Block

Happy Stamping and Hammering!  :)
~Krista


6 comments:

Bobbie said...

I love this Krista!--What a great gift. The banners are so fun with the nail, brads, and the little contrasting stripe. ...and that family is pretty adorable also!

Elizabeth Price said...

Wow, this is fabulous! The picture with your children is perfectly showcased on your 2 x 4. The nails are a fun touch as the flag poles. This is an A+ project! Smiles, Elizabeth

Margaret said...

This is awesome and the perfect decoration for the 'man cave'! LOVE the nails holding the banners! Such a fun way to display a family photo!

Erika Clark said...

Shut the front door! That is the best! What an awesome gift and project. You must have had fun making it too! Totally fabulous manly decor!

Stampin by Genny said...

GREAT IDEA! So creative for how to use a block of wood. Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

This is totally awesome!! Love it!! I will be featuring this awesome project on My Crafty Picks #68 with a link back to your blog on 6-17-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

Have a great day!!
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com