Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Water Color Winter #2

Today I wanted to show you a different card using the stamp set Stampin' Up! gave me to work with for the SU! magazine.  This one was not included in my 4 entries.  

This week over at Hand Stamped Sentiments we are challenging you to make a project using fancy folds.  Here is my card....



It's called the Joy Folds Card.  I found the tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers.  Click here to see the directions.  Basically it's a card within a card.  Super cute and very easy!!


It is the same size as a regular 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card, but it has different folds and layers to create this look.  

*Helpful Hint* I actually put a tiny drop of the Tombo Multipurpose glue under the front flap and let it dry before I shut it.  That created a removable glue dot so it would stay closed when I wanted it to.


So hop on over to Hand Stamped Sentiments and get scoring to make some fancy folds!!


Ingredients
Stamps: Watercolor Winter, Greetings for the Season
Colors: Real Red, Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade and Very Vanilla,
Accessories: Vintage Brads, Swirl die (retired), Window Frames Framelit
Tools: Scoring Tool, Paper Piercing pack, tool and mat

Happy Stamping,
Krista

2 comments:

Erika Clark said...

Yes! Gorgeous! I forgot about that fold, it's so pretty and it really shows off your DSP well. Thanks for the tip on the spot of glue, great idea.

Erika Clark said...

Yes! Gorgeous! I forgot about that fold, it's so pretty and it really shows off your DSP well. Thanks for the tip on the spot of glue, great idea.