Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Spring Time Is Here


Join us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments for a Spring Challenge....make anything that reminds you of spring!!

This week I made a gift bag and card set.  We will actually be making these at my next class.  You will also be making 2 other different bags and matching card sets, too.



I saw this technique with using the lace ribbon border punch....color on color.....on Facebook.  It was a card that one of the Artisan Award winners made.  Doesn't it add some nice texture?!!  I did it on the bag and on the card.  It's nice when you want to add texture, but the paper is too big for an embossing folder.  Here is a close up shot of it on the bag....




Ingredients:

Colors:  Wisteria Wonder, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo and Whisper White
Stamps:  Mixed Bunch
Punches:  Lace Ribbon Border, Blossom, Scallop Edge Border
Accessories:  Large Pearls, Big Shot, Swirls Scribbles Sizzlit, Daffodil Striped Grosgrain Ribbon

Happy Stamping,
Krista

8 comments:

Bobbie said...

I love this! What a great way to give a gift. I have to ask, Did you adhere the gray card stock to a white bag?

Erika Clark said...

Well, those are total WOW projects! I thought you had run a bag thru the Big Shot with an embossing folder (which is fine), but look at all those fantastic border punch stripes! Very pretty, and I know your girls will love making these!

LeroyLime said...

oh GOODNESS, I adore the grey on grey, so posh! It took me a bit to realize you hadn't run this through the big shot...I was thinking, "man, where did she find such a big EF?" haha... I'm pretty sure I have that punch hiding somewhere and it has yet to be used...off to make myself a cute little bag and card duo! :)

inkedx2 said...

Krista this is so fantastic. It is really striking!

Diane Vander Galien said...

So Pretty!!! Love the great spring colors!! Love the use of the Lace Ribbon Border- really adds a WOW!!! Love the flowers- makes a perfect gift set!!! So Pretty!!

Shannon said...

That lace border is gorgeous! It really does add the illusion of lace at the top. So pretty. This is going to make someone feel super special to receive these. Beautiful!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

I am never speechles......

I adore this...all of it! Great colors and texture! Man, I'm really sad I don't have that set, this is just fabulous!

Margaret said...

Such a beautiful gift set! Love the layering for added texture! Fantastic effect!