Monday, April 2, 2012

HSS Color Challenge....Goin' Girly

I know that I have 3 sons and a husband.....but sometimes it's fun to make a real girly thing for my home.  Join us this week for a color challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.


I love to make my canvases.  A few years back I was asked to do a demo at a group meeting for SU! Demonstrators and I put a few different ideas together and added my own touches and I came up with a scrapbook page mounted on to canvas.


The flower is the large and small scallop circle punches.  I punched the large one 5 times and the small one 4 times.  I wet them with a squirt bottle, crinkled them up and set them aside to dry.  Once they were dry, I folded 4 of each color in half and then layered them up and glued each layer down.  The 5th scallop circle is used as the backing for the flower.  I took my piercing tool, punched a hole and put in the antique brad.  Added a little Espresso Satin Ribbon tail.  Here is a close up:


For the background I did my take on Shelli's emboss resist demo she did at Convention 2008.  
First, I rolled the Very Vintage wheel on Vanilla CS using Early Espresso ink.  I inked it off a little, though.
Next, I inked the Flower image from the Elegant Trio Stencil with Versamark, sprinkled clear embossing powder then heated it with the heat tool to set the powder.
Then I took my sponges and sponged over the whole page with Rich Razzleberry, Pretty in Pink and Early Espresso. 
Here is a close up of the emboss resist:


Once I had all of the background paper done, then I spread Mod Podge all over the canvas in a nice thin layer and smoothed on the page WITHOUT the embellishments.  Then I laid the canvas on it's front and smoothed it out from the back.  The reason for this is that sometimes the canvas will get stretched out if you press to hard on the front of it.

I will be doing a class for these on Saturday, April 14th.  If you are interested in attending contact me directly. 


Ingredients
Colors:  Rich Razzleberry, Pretty In Pink, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Stamps: Jumbo Wheel Very Vintage 
Background:  Elegant Trio Stencil, Versamark, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat tool, Sponges, Inks
Flower:  2-3/8" and 1-3/4" Scallop Circle punches, Antique Brad
Other:  Early Espresso Satin Ribbon, Razzleberry Button, Linen Thread, Cutter Kit (Distressing the edges of the photo matting)
Non-SU:  Art Canvas, Mod Podge, Easel stand for display

Happy Stamping,
Krista

5 comments:

ArtisticInkspirations said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Love the technique!!

LeroyLime said...

Krista...
AaaaMmmmAaaaZzzzIiiiNnnnnGggg!!! Would LOVE to see a video on you making one of these, so fun! and what a pretty little gift for a special someone, this would make. The background is to die for, love it!

inkedx2 said...

What a cute page! Love it.

Erika Clark said...

Krista, that technique is AMAZING! So glad you explained it. 2008 was before my time with SU :) Beautiful layout, and beautiful moment you captured.

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!!! Love that you did a scrapbook page on CANVAS. Very unique and creative. Thanks for the technique inspiration