I wanted to go with a monochromatic look since it was my first time using this technique. I decided that this shaving cream background would make a great Christmas card with my new stamp set called "The Sounding Joy". I really like the touches of silver and white.
Here is how you create this look:
1. Pile up shaving cream on a large paper plate.
2. Randomly drip your ink from your re-inker on the shaving cream. Use a few different colors for a really cool touch.
3. Swirl the color around and smooth it out a little.
4. Lay your cardstock (I used white) onto the shaving cream/ink mixture
.....Here's the messy part....
5. Using a paper towel, wipe off (in a swirling motion) the excess shaving cream from the cardstock.
6. Set aside to dry.
7. Stamp on it, embellish it, cut it out....have fun!!!
Looks pretty good, huh? I really like it....and it smells so yummy. Probably my nicest smelling card to date. :)
Now get on over to Hand Stamped Sentiments and check it out and join in on the fun!! There are so many great ideas....don't miss out!!!
Colors: Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Night of Navy, Whisper White and Silver
Stamps: The Sounding Joy
Punches: Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border, Scallop Trim, 2 1/2" Circle
Accessories: Scallop Circle #2 and Northern Frost Dies, Big Shot, Bakers twine, Silver embossing powder, Versamark, Paper Piercer, Re-Inkers, Shaving Cream