Monday, May 30, 2011

Paper Piecing Challenge at HSS

The challenge this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments is Paper Piecing. I wasn't sure that I've ever done that particular technique, but was thinking about what those words meant to me, did some research and discovered that I knew how to do it all along. I just added my own take to it...so here it is:

Here is an angle so you can see the dimension that I added to each layer and topped it off with some pearl adhesives.


Ingredients:
Fifth Avenue Floral
Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Barely Banana (retired), Old Olive and Whisper White Cardstock.
Black Stazon Ink
Old Olive Grosgrain 5/8" Ribbon
Basic Pearls
Decorative Label Punch
Scallop Trim Border Punch
Square Lattice Embossing Folder and Big Shot :)

Happy Stamping,
Krista

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Krista, The rose on your card is breath taking. I love how you pieced all the little sections of the rose so we could see how the edges of the petals turn back reaching for the sun. Stunning....just stunning!

Margaret said...

Love,love,love this!! Great dimension on the flower!

Shannon said...

I was so close to using this set, but you did such a better job than I would have done. That is some mad scissor skills girl! Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Krista,

Your rose is absolutely beautiful!!! I love all the different shades you used and the center is so pretty with all the pearls. JUST GORGEOUS!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Krista, this is so gorgeous! I love all of the beautiful dimension and the detail of the pearl center is fabulous! Very pretty! :)