Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Gift Set


This week at Hand Stamped Sentiments we are doing a color challenge.  I love these bright colors....so many possibilities.  I decided to make an altered notepad and pen set. 


This is the inside....I used a Staples brand notepad that measures 8" x 5" and added a strip of DSP to cover the label.


Here is a closeup of the paper flower.  I used both the large and small scallop circle.  I wet them, crunched them up then layered them up and got this look: 


Instructions on making the notepad/pen set:
Score an 8" x 12" sheet of cardstock at 5", 5 1/4", and 11".
Fold in the 11" score line and adhere down.
Crease the other 2 scores and this should be the perfect size for the notepad.
I made a 1" loop for the pen and adhered it to the NOTEPAD then glued the NOTEPAD down into the folded cardstock cover.
Decorate it all up as you like....easy gift set!!

Happy Stamping,
Krista

4 comments:

Erin Gonzales said...

Did you hear that? I just squealed! I love this project!! I am SOOOO in love with the giant rhinestone in the center of your button!! LOVS!!!!

inkedx2 said...

This is so cute. Love the flower in a different color as it pops on the front.

Andrea said...

This is absolutely adorable. I will most definitely be casing this one. Thanks for the directions.

Andrea said...

This is absolutely adorable. I will most definitely be casing this one. Thanks for the directions.