Monday, August 20, 2012

Let's Go Smooch!

Okay, not really, but I must admit that I am really loving the Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper.  It's so bright and cheery and it has so many fabulous patterns.  My new favorite pattern is polka dots and this paper does not disappoint!!

This week we are asking you to make a project using the Herringbone Technique.  This is all new to me, but I always love a challenge.  Get's me out of the box!!  Join us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!!  Here are the details....



At first I thought my card was a little too busy, but the more I looked at it, the more I liked it.  It's so colorful and busy....just like my life right now!  :)  Plus, the greeting reminds me to have a "happy day" too!!  We made this card at my technique class this past week.  It was definitely a favorite!


Ingredients:

Ink: Pacific Point
Stamp Set: Friendly Phrases
Accessories: Summer Smooches DSP, Apothecary Accents Framelit, Copper Button, Limeade Bakers Twine


Happy Stamping!
~Krista



6 comments:

Diane Vander Galien said...

So Bright and Cheerful!!! Perfect color combo!!! Love you accents- just perfect to showcase the background!!

Dortesjs said...

Your card is absolutely great, got to lift this idea some day

Erin Gonzales said...

I wanna SMOOCH!! I LOVE this paper!!! So bright, happy and FUN! Makes me smoochie every time I see it! :-)

inkypinkies said...

Super Smoochy! I'll bet it did go over well at your technique class, this is a great one :) Love your choice of colors, definitely a WOW card! Erika

Bobbie said...

I have to admit I've never used the sides of this paper that have multiple colors. ...am a bore? I do think this card may change my mind-great for this technique where a little goes a long way.

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Oh this is soooo fun!!! I love it!